Magnepan 20.7's & Tube Amp

Not looking for options beyond the two tube amps below.  I am only considering one of the two to drive my Magnepan 20.7's.  Would either drive the 20.7's well?  Do they provide enough bass? Is one better than the other for this application? Thanking those of you in advance who can assist me here!

PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP with KT150's / 88's as Monoblocks

or

Audio Research VM 220 Monoblocks

1985tqc
Ralph, wouldn't a set of Zero Autoformers be of help?
The MA-2s don't care, but on a lot of amps, yes. We are in Magnaplanar's back yard up here in the frozen wasteland, so we have a good number of local customers running M-60s on some of the smaller Maggies, and the ZEROs are how they do it.

Paul Speltz has a letter from Steve McCormick in which Steve states that although his amps have no problem doubling power into lower impedances, that they actually sound better if they are driving 4 ohms through Paul's autoformers (the ZERO). So the ZERO's help with a lot more than just our amps.
A Big high current  solid state amplifier would have much better grip ,control 
On the Panels.  I have used big Bat amplifiers  and the Pass labs 250.8 would be a 
A match as close to Ideal as you can get.  With s good tube preamp.
Even if not was not mentioned it should have been if you want to heard the truth. 
Im using 2x Parasound A21 for my Maggies but still have to run two little mj acoustics subs to give it that extra ooph
Ralph, is the need for the very short speaker cable unique to the planar/OTL combination or long cable inherently causes low frequency roll-off? I didn't think the cable length should be that detrimental given a 1.75 ohm output impedance on the MA-2.
When I had a pair of M-60’s powering my old Quads, I did exactly as Ralph recommends: the rear of each amp facing the back of each speaker, with a 1’ length of wire (silver Kimber) connecting the two. So much for cable makers who say with a straight face their wire should be no shorter than 6’/8’/whatever. Pure BS. A very real benefit of mono amps and short speaker cables is that you can then run balanced from your pre to mono power amps.