Schiit Reference Sytem review: Freya into Yggdrasil, into Vidar

For those interested in great sound, without the hi-priced "glitz" of expensive chassis work, just what counts on the inside.
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/reviews/schiit-audio-reference-system-review-part-1-r676/

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
Except for the 2 grand or so DAC and an integrated amp, everything these guys (Shiitheads?) make is basically "super cheap." I've been thinking about buying a "Loki" 4 band tone gizmo just to destroy any shred of audio geek credibility I may or may not have, as I imagine it friggin' works (can't find any reviews, but still). Although I love my current preamp (balanced SS monster, dual mono, blah blah), I recently decided to jump from the frying pan into a Freya because hey…look at the damn thing! 
OK then…I ordered a Loki. To all my friends on the forums (imagined or otherwise), I’m sorry…I had to try the thing…I’m normally a purist (sort of) firmly in the anti EQ camp, I’ve railed against DSP gizmos, bullied and ridiculed others who don’t share my view, and now…here I go…adding something in the line to my beloved Fire Bottle amp…what’s happening to me? I clearly need professional help…*sniff*…sad…
I like the Loki…wrote a little review…it’s way cool (the Loki, not necessarily my review).
I just adde3 a LOKI into the tape/processor loop of my RP-1. I basically use it as a loudness control ( low end boost) at low level night listening. Very quiet and sounds great
Wolf, where can we read your review? Been considering the gizmo for my office system to "compensate " for the low listening volume, sort of like loudness as abery mentioned.