Audiophiles should learn from people who created audio

The post linked below should be a mandatory reading for all those audiophiles who spend obscene amounts of money on wires. Can such audiophiles handle the truth?

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

defiantboomerang

kosst_amojan
Can somebody explain how taping rocks to your cables makes you enjoy music more? Or how about gluing spots to your wall? Or placing bottles or bowls around the room? I’m the screwed up one because I don’t buy any lie some fool sells me? I don’t give myself to delusional thinking? I’m the troll because I don’t give audio Scientology credit? I don’t think so! The kind of thinking that drives this snake oil industry is the same thinking that led people to think the Earth was the center of the universe and that it was flat. If it was up to these clowns we’d be bleeding people to cure them, drinking radium, and be using a medical system based on the concept of humors. That’s how stupid their snake oil is. If these folks bought into these nutty ideas in any other field society would have them committed or call them cult members.

Why hold back? Tell us what you really think. By the way, I’m afraid you’ve got it backwards. It’s the naysayers who thought the world is flat and clung to their archaic beliefs no matter what. 
On my deathbed, I expect to regret that I have spent so little time debating cables with people whose views differ from my own.
On my deathbed, I expect to regret that I have spent so little time debating cables with people whose views differ from my own.

+1....Amen Brother!!
Taken from Zen and the Art of Debunkery

HOW TO DEBUNK JUST ABOUT ANYTHING

I. SETTING THE STAGE
• Before commencing to debunk, prepare your equipment. Equipment needed: one armchair.

• Put on the right face. Cultivate a condescending air certifying that your personal opinions are backed by the full faith and credit of God. Adopting a disdainful, upper-class manner is optional but highly recommended.

• Employ vague, subjective, dismissive terms such as “ridiculous,” “trivial,” “crackpot,” or “bunk,” in a manner that purports to carry the full force of scientific authority.

• Keep your arguments as abstract and theoretical as possible. This will send the message that accepted theory overrides any actual evidence that might challenge it — and that therefore no such evidence is worth examining.

• By every indirect means at your disposal imply that science is powerless to police itself against fraud and misperception, and that only self-appointed vigilantism can save it from itself.

• Project your subjective opinions from beneath a cloak of ostensible objectivity. Always characterize unorthodox statements as “claims,” which are “touted,” and your own assertions as “facts,” which are “stated.”

geoff kait
machina dramatica
@geoffkait 
Do you trot that one out on every thread?
Or just cable threads?