Please suggest bookshelf with best bass response under $4000 pr.

Lately, I've been craving deeper, tighter bass. I'd like to hear some ideas for replacing my Silverline 17.5 monitors. Is this a stupid question, due to inherent limitations of driver size imposed by typical bookshelf dimensions, or might I actually do better with another speaker? Amplification is Wells Audio 150 watt SS Majestic integrated. Source is aging Jolida JD100 tubed cdp (in new year, I plan to replace this with another SS cdp or a transport/standalone dac combo). Thanks ! 
stuartk
I second PMC monitors - the newest twenty5.22 are really better than the older versions. Great sound staging and definition. Bass mass is not more than other monitors but they go lower and most important keep the PRAT (pace rhythm and timing)! If you want more bass mass try to get that with source and amplifier. Compared to monitors with 8" woofers (slower) the PMC´s are more satisfying. 
There is nothing slow about the 8" woofer in Audio Note AN-J's. ATC sealed bookshelf speakers with proper amplification have a certain speed to them I haven't heard in any ported design. For straight up bottom end go with Isobaric designs like Neat Momentum, Totem Mani-2, various Wilson Benesch etc...
I just got focus 160s. They’re discounting heavily now if you can find new at a dealer. 
Huge bass, incredible sound and imaging.
I've been through the speaker challenge for a small room. I chose the ATC SCM-19. You need some power, but they do very well in a small footprint. Excellent detail and speed. They are right at budget as well.
+1 on the Totem Mani 2 if it is bass you desire.  With your outstanding amplification, a pair of used Dynaudio C-1's or Joseph Audio Pulsar's will rock your world and you can forget about needing a subwoofer.