Clear Day Cables Surgery Update

Hello all and hoping everyone is doing fine,

This is Paul of Clear Day Cables and it's about 10 weeks since my 9 hour spinal fusion surgery encompassing vertebrae L3-L4 and L4-S1, which now have pins, rods, screws and cages in between the L3 and L4.

The Spinal Stenosis in L3 through S1 has been addressed too and I'm so thankful.

Much of the pain that was plaguing me before surgery is gone and I'm so grateful to my surgical team, the hospital nurses, and all involved as they were absolutely wonderful.

Of course, recovery from this serious surgery will be long and I can have a bad day if I push the rehab activity too much.

On the bright side, I saw my surgeon on 10/23 and things are looking quite well as for the healing of the back.

He even lifted some restrictions, but doesn't want me to do anything too foolish although I'm cleared to ride the stationary bike and stretch more.

I see him again next month and depending on how I'm healing, he may remove more restrictions so by the 1st of the new year, there's a chance I may be able to start making cables again as planned.

Also, please forgive me if I'm not able to get promptly to those that may write me here for it's rather difficult too sit by the computer too long composing messages with my current condition.

As always, thanks to all of you for the support, kindness and love you've shown as it's quite heartfelt and appreciated at this tough time.

I'll update everyone again down the line, God bless and please enjoy life to the fullest for things can spin on a dime as we all learn in time,

Paul
vonwaffen
Paul,
I'm sorry to hear this as I was totally in the dark about the matter. Here's to a speedy recovery!

My brother in law went through something similar but it was more involved and when he awoke from surgery, he couldn't move his feet and his legs were killing him. It wasn't supposed to happen. He was completely bed ridden.

A year later now and he's riding his Harley. Take your time and enjoy life now that you're on the heal. Nothing else matters, save your health, and that comes first. Everything else will fall into place.

All the best,
Nonoise
Amen to what Nonnoise says, Paul.  Hope your full recovery is sooner than expected.

Thanks so much as your kind words are greatly appreciated Nonoise,

I'm giving it my best to go slow with my rehab activity, but patience has surely never been my strong point.

Moreover, at 60ish, it's so easy to overdo the rehab stuff and it does set me back when I do.

Also, I'm glad to hear your brother is feeling better and his Hog is getting some exercise too.

Be safe good brother, God bless and thanks again for the heartfelt encouragement and support,

Paul

Paul,
Good to hear from you. And good to know that your surgery was successful and you are feeling good. Hope you a speedy recovery and bouncing back to normal.

Take care...