Please suggest bookshelf with best bass response under $4000 pr.

Lately, I've been craving deeper, tighter bass. I'd like to hear some ideas for replacing my Silverline 17.5 monitors. Is this a stupid question, due to inherent limitations of driver size imposed by typical bookshelf dimensions, or might I actually do better with another speaker? Amplification is Wells Audio 150 watt SS Majestic integrated. Source is aging Jolida JD100 tubed cdp (in new year, I plan to replace this with another SS cdp or a transport/standalone dac combo). Thanks ! 
stuartk
Look look for used Wilson Audio Duette speakers. Truly exceptional and tight bass.
The best bass I ever heard from a relatively small enclosure was the Totem Mani 2. There are two woofers in tandem, one is internally located in the cabinet behind the baffle mounted driver and helps push/pull it.

Why not a bookshelf like the Golden Ear AON 3 (well below your budget) ? I have heard other speakers from Golden Ear , and was highly impressed. These stand mounted speakers use the same excellent folded ribbon tweeter they use is their floor standers, and claim bass extension down to 38Hz.

Also, as others have posted, you might look for a pair of good, musical subs, like smaller RELs, Golden Ear subs, JL Audio subs, or a Vandersteen 2Wq (provided your Silverlines extend down to 40Hz, and your amp has a tape loop). You can keep your Silverlines, which probably have mids and highs as good as anything you can find within your budget,

I apologize for the late response. . . 

RE: recommendations for Dynaudio, the Silverlines use Dynaudiop drivers, for whatever that's worth. No doubt, there are other design variations that come into play from one box to another. 

RE: recommendations for sub(s): I've received very inconsistent advice from sub vendors re: subwoofer placement and because I don't have many potential places to locate a sub, I've avoided going down this road.

willemj: The room is about 15 X 20 and it adjoins a dining room separated by a wall that's about 5' tall (living room is "sunken") and an entry. Thanks for the detailed technical info re: subs. Unfortunately, as mentioned, I have little flexibility/space for subs and having to locate multiple subs simply isn't practical. 

Jon_5912: The choice of monitors rather than floor-standers was my response to inability to move furniture that would obstruct floorstanders.
Unfortunately, I do not enjoy the luxury of a dedicated listening room in my present house. Hopefully, I will in the next one! 

Thanks to all who've suggested other monitors to try.

Meadowman: Yes; I am aware of the Mini T's! They indeed look like a very promising solution but I fear WAF will be an issue. 
Not even one or two really small subs like REL T Zero or the slighter larger SVS SB1000? You can tuck them away in two corners of the room and equalize the boost from the room corner.
For me, the best small high quality speaker with quite decent low frequency extension would be the Harbeth M30.1, but I have obviously not heard all that is on the market. See: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/harbeth-monitor-301-loudspeaker/