What do you consider the most musical speakers—$15000 & under

I thought mr_ m brought up a good point when when he said he would pick the most musical over the most accurate. His post was in "Searching for the Most Accurate Speaker under $15000"
zq1
helomech212 posts11-06-2017 1:20am^^ Thanks for the input guys. I might have to move my system into a 12×11 bedroom someday, where the 2Cs would be too much. The 1Cs are a bit on the small side for my current man cave, but so are the Spendors. If I didn't keep reading that 2Cs need at least a couple feet from the walls, it'd be an easy choice. Unfortunately, the 2WQ sub won't work with my integrated amp.

Helo, the 2's won't be a problem in that room.  It's all about the fact that they now are so detailed and pretty efficient.  They are one of the more dynamic speakers at lower volume levels.  They will move plenty of air, but that can be controlled as needed.  I personally can't listen to a non full range speaker now that I own one.  That's my view as you dont' want to lose parts of the music that's recorded.  Bass is still the foundation.  I personally don't use much absorption with my rooms, but diffraction.  I put large silk plants behind the speakers in the corner if I I have room and also in-between them, (one on each side of the TV, so I don't get the sound bouncing off the glass screen.  Same thing in the back of the room. I do use quilts on the side walls to absorb the first reflection. YMMV
@ctsooner ,

Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. I'm quite content with the 1ci in most respects but curiosity will probably get the best of me. I really dislike booming bass, and that's my main concern with rear firing woofers.
Helo, yes ignorance is bliss.  But how much fun is that? lol.  I hate booming bass and that's why there are many speakers even in the highest of end that I don't like.  Rear firing woofers are not a problem with proper set up.  You'd have to look at the room and see where you would place them.  Even on the diagonal can work great if you are able to do that.  Honestly, Johnny Rutan who sells them in NJ is a master at set up and is on this forum. If you have concerns, I can ask him if he can come here and post.  Just let me know either way.  Yes, the 1's are a great speaker who are worthy of excellent electronics.  
Agree with ctsooner's last sentence above.  As a long time Vandy owner, I had never considered the virtues of the Model 1 until I heard them properly set up, fed by top notch electronics.  They sounded fantastic!
@helomech,

Owned 1Bs 20 years ago, currently have 2Cs. Your 12x11 BR size won't be a problem if you make it a dedicated listening room and TREAT ALL THE WALLS AND CEILING, and carpet or an area rug if you have hardwood floors. I dislike booming bass too, and will gladly listen to "not enough bass" over "too much bass".  My 2Cs are 9.5" from the front wall, and in my roughly 14x14 room (with alcoves and irregular walls), there are no issues with bass frequencies. Also, the centerline is offset several inches from the middle of the room. Having different distances from side walls helped tame some "one-note bass".

Tom