Vandersteen 2wq with Mccormack dna .5

Fellow audiophiles,
If there are folks out there using A Vandy 2wq sub with Mccormack DNA 0.5 amp then then I would like to know what value of crossover is working for you. I have tried 100k, 75k and 50k fixed crossovers and it all sounds the same to me. I have the crossover box and played around with different settings but haven't quite felt that 'aha' moment. I have had this combination for over a decade and the system has been used in various homes in rooms of different sizes. It has sounded different in different settings but has consistenly left me wanting for more. Am trying to figure out if there's something that is truly wrong or whether I should stop wasting my time and live with the way it sounds. Any feedback is appreciated.
uditnaik
It's been almost 4 weeks since I disconnected the 2Wq and have been listening to just the 2CE Sigs II and I am just amazed at the bass that these speakers have. When I bought them, I already had the subwoofer since I was using it with my 1Cs and I figured I may as well use it with the 2CEs. Well, it appears that I had way too much bass than necessary. I am going to continue listening to this setup for a couple of weeks until I figure out another placement for the 2WQ.
yep
tell us more about the room
also
download ( for free! ) vandertones and get the analog radio shack spl meter and see what is happening with speaker / room at you listening position.
this is $ 50 project that will get you out of paralysis

there are ( at least ) three awesome Vandersteen experts/ dealers on your coast also
Victor & Bob at Advanced in Tacoma, Randy at Optimal in Santa Monica, and Bruce at Stereo Unlimited in San Diego
all wring a lot out of the 2’s and they all carry the sub ( last i was in ) so should provide great help

If you find the bass overwhelming, I would go to a higher impedance setting. The 2w sub should be a very subtle presence.
I ran them with a pair of 3a sigs and had no issue with the bass being too high. Quite the contrary, it worked seamlessly.
Bob