Bass Traps

Anyone own or heard either Acoustic Sounds Dennis Foley's Bass Traps (i.e. ACDA-10 or ACDA-12) or GIK Soffit Traps?  If you have, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the products.  Thanks.
taxmandme
Whatever I do, I don't want to mess with anything above 250Hz. If I do, my room will sound dead. 

Just gotta tame that bass!

OP, sorry for the hijack. Thank you @auxinput and @hifiron for the recommendations and advice

Recording studios is where ASC and their Tube Traps first found acceptance. Art Noxon is a highly degreed acoustical engineer, a true expert in a field with rather low standards, if not outright charlatans. Room Tunes, anyone? ;-)

Studios build bass traps into the structure of the room/building, the reason being that to be effective at very low frequencies, traps need to be huuuuge. To call the flat panels containing 2-4" 703 fiberglass offered by GIK and RealTraps bass traps is a stretch. Products like the DSPeaker Anti-Mode are an effective non-acoustical means of dealing with room modes.

I actually find Room Tunes rather effective, if tricky. But what isn’t? Certainly Tube Traps often take some experimentation to find the ideal locations and can actually hurt the sound if you’re not paying attention. I had good luck with Corner Tunes and Echo Tunes and the long narrow panels for room corners. As I said elsewhere the XLO Test CD is invaluable for getting room treatments as well as speakers precisely situated. There are too many variables to do it by ear. You could mess around for years.