Vandersteen 2C contour controls +-

So I have recently changed cables between my pre amp (ARC SP4) and amp (ARC VT60) and it made a significant difference: more detail and a better centered soundstage. But I lost quite a bit of punch in the low end. I like the effect of the new cables enough to keep them in.

If I want to use the Vandersteen contour controls to get some of the low end back do I dial it down... or up?

I’m assuming turning the bass contour down will lower the crossover point, effectively getting more from the low end.

Is this correct?

128x128oharchie
+1 for Tomcarr.
The dials do not affect lower frequencies.
As another poster mentioned, let the cables break in. You'd be surprised how much they might change.
Bob
You are very welcome. Be patient. Keep us posted...

PS- call John Rutan (Audio Connections)  @ (973) 809-4467. He is extremely helpful. He was the one who suggested I get mine a foot or  less from the front wall. 

Tom
@hifiman5   I have a complete set of ARC Litz Link cables with ARC Litz Line speaker cables. I am swapping in a used pair of Cardas Hexlink Golden 5c between the amp and pre amp and I love the sound improvement. I'm pretty sure just a slight repositioning and I'll have what I'm after.
now I get why Richard is terse...
the pads on the back do NOTHINg to bass
they adjust by 3db the tweeter and mid
the most excellent manual explains this....

i used Cardas for years....take a bit to break in, take more than a bit for the dielectric to form and also be very careful not to put preload or said another way a kink in the natural bend radius of the cable...