Has anyone compared ZU mission vs Event speaker cables (and interconnects)?

For the time being, I'm just takling ZU cables. I'm not looking to compare other brands at this point. My next upgrade over the December holiday season will be speaker cables. I'm running Zu Omen Defs with Canare star quad. The Zu events are stretching my budget. Just wondering how a huge difference between Mission (and Libtecs) and the Events.

After new year I'll start looking at interconnects and ZU's are on my list there as well.
aberyclark
@aberyclark,
The Mission SCs are good but the Event are even better. To my ears, the Mission beat out Clear Day, Tempo Electric, Mapleshade Double Helix, and a few others I have laying around, with my present system.

The Event SCs better the Mission, enough for me to say they're worth it. The Events I have are the Mk. I series which are no longer available. It's too bad you missed out on the sale they had while the Mk. II came online. They have a fuller, fleshier sound than the Missions without a loss in detail, air and ambiance. The tone and timber are better as well. Extension and definition are better, and so on. 

I wouldn't say they are a YUUGE difference, but to my ears they are better enough that I wouldn't go back to the Missions, but that is the nature of this hobby: to justify the costs to get that last bit of improvement. 

What I like about Zu is that they take quite a while to come up with a better cable and do a lot of in house as well as beta testing before coming out with a new and improved version. No flavor of the month for them.

Try to wait it out a bit and see if Zu has any sales as they periodically pop up several times a year and keep an eye on their eBay site as they offer discounts there now and again. They are great to deal with and are very accessible and open on the phone. Should you ever need to reterminate their cables, they'll do it for $10/connector with a one day turn around.

All the best,
Nonoise
Are you saying they sounded better than the Tempo Electric solid silver cables? I've been looking at those.

Zu, like Schiit, are pretty good at marketing their merchandise. The higher up you go, the better the sound reproduction gets.
Zu has an Ebay outlet where you can get some of the earlier models at significant discount.
Bob
I will wait for a sale from Zu and go for the Events. I have yet to see Event speaker cables on ebay (from the Zu store)