Vandersteen 2C contour controls +-

So I have recently changed cables between my pre amp (ARC SP4) and amp (ARC VT60) and it made a significant difference: more detail and a better centered soundstage. But I lost quite a bit of punch in the low end. I like the effect of the new cables enough to keep them in.

If I want to use the Vandersteen contour controls to get some of the low end back do I dial it down... or up?

I’m assuming turning the bass contour down will lower the crossover point, effectively getting more from the low end.

Is this correct?

128x128oharchie
those are pads for the mid and tweeter
the crossover points are fixed and worried over with hand matching and tuning to drivers in a anechoeic chamber
i would let the cables break in for a while
then download the free vandertones and get an inexpensive analog radio shack spl meter and see what is happening with bass in your room
the 2 has an acoustic coupler with the back wall so you want to hit sweet spot of coupled but not so close you pump up bass and destroy image depth
check your setup using the excellnt math based approach in the Vandersteen manual
jim

+1 tomic601.

I had to position my 2Cs 9.5" from front wall to back of speakers, measured at the floor, with tilt-back the tops are 8.25" from front wall. No toe-in. Acoustic treatment on all walls plus ceiling restored soundstage depth and width. All rooms are different. Mine are also 7' apart measured tweeter to tweeter. Until I got them that close to the front wall I had almost no perceptible bass. Now. Bam! Nirvana! YMMV.

Tom