Any ideas on the Emotiva Xpa 1 Gen 2 vs other Mono or 2 channel amps?

Hey, I am still looking for a good Mono set or 2 Channel amp in the $2500-3500 range.I am looking at the XPA 1 Gen2 to start with,any other ideas? I have never had this much trouble searching for a good Amp. Thanks Guys.
mancub1
I absolutely love my class D monoblocks. They put 500w into my 4 Ohm speakers and have no trouble moving the 12" woofers. They sound very clean, neutral and detailed. Mine are the ICEpower asp 500 boards. If I were searching now, I'd do some reading in the class D thread. There are many amps discussed that are class D and use newer modules. You could easily get a pair of decent monos for $3000 new, under $2000 used.
Thanks Guys! taking all this in and it really helps with the new ideas.I am using the Infinity Sigmas  front, Sigmas rear and Tyler acoustics d2 for center, I have always wanted a Halo a51 ,31,or 21.Sometimes I just feel like getting a deal on the best set in a value package but again want a very nice clean detailed more expensive unit.So many choices. Thanks guys for helping.
If you are looking into the Class D amps, I would only look at the PS Audio Stellar M700 monoblocks or the Nord One Up SE model with Sparkos op amp option.  Both of these Class D amps have discrete Class A input stages, which really help give richness to the clean/sterile character of Class D.  It may be a good compromise if you want something faster/cleaner than the Parasound amps.
Unless your adverse to buying used there are a few good ones for sale, I saw Bryston mono blocks, Krell stereo, Class'e stereo etc. No connection to the sellers. Higher end 
@auxinput - good point. I pair my class D monos with a tube pre. My sound is decidedly not sterile, but I've also never run the amps with a passive pre, so I can't speak to the sound of the amps on their own. But really, I need a source and speakers and cables no matter what.. so take what I say with a salty grain