Denafrips Ares DAC has arrived... need help with Oppo connectivity

Gents,
I got the Denafrips DAC today and connected it to my Oppo 103 via coax and USB and get no signal.  I suspect there is some programming necessary to connect to the DAC.   Can anyone guide me through the Oppo programming necessary.  I don't know how to get to the Menu set up screen since I used my Oppo exclusively for audio.  Any help will be appreciated.  
whitestix
@whitestix   Perhaps try another source and then conduct the evaluation???

From the components you list in your system, I don't see the Oppo 103 at the same level. In my opinion, it appears to be an odd choice, again-- my opinion -- (BTW, I am a fan of Oppo) -- I mean, why leave Don Sachs' genius unrealized???
Post removed 

Agree with david_ten, try another source. Perhaps the Oppo blocks the external dac from use somehow (says the guy with no real knowledge of how this stuff works). Or the use of USB creates a problem (ditto).

@stfoth  Thanks. Getting the upper bass right can be tough and when it happens, it is very rewarding in of itself and for the music as a whole. 

Give it time. You may find that it is actually the 'good' you are looking for!

And if you do decide on the Tektons, you'll find that they convey this part of the frequency range exceptionally well.
4hannons and stforh,

It is very odd that I don't hear at least some difference in the sound with the addition of a DAC.  I will borrow my pal's Oppo 95 which has the Modwright tubes mods for a comparison as well as a non-Oppo CD player.