Please Recommend Transport + DAC for $5K total

My current Jolida cdp is growing pretty long in the tooth. I could just replace it with another cdp, but it seems more prudent to go with separate transport and DAC, at this point. Would prefer gear made in N. America. Total expenditure not to exceed 5K. I'm considering Sim Audio Moon 260CD or Bryston BDP-3 as a transport. The thing is, I prefer the option of demoing at home and I haven't (so far) found any vendors offering that option with the Sim Audio piece. As for a DAC, same thing: it has to be something I can try out at home, like a Schiit Yggy or Benchmark DAC2HGC. Can anyone suggest other possibilities, given these parameters? My system: Wells Audio Majestic Integrated, Silverline 17.5 monitors, JD100 cdp. Speaker wire: Audio Art SE. Power cables: Audio Art Statement. IC's: Audioquest Cheetah.  Thanks! 
stuartk
Bought CEC TL3N transport, very nice unit at Approx. $2000.
Made in Japan so may not fit your criteria

I’ve seen used Exogal with power supply around $1500 on the Gon.
(Must pair Exogal with optional power supply for optimum sound quality)
Many reviews available. From the folks that brought you Wadia.
gdhal: I've encountered a variety of opinions re: Yggdrasil. One common observation is that 15 days is an inadequate trial period, due to a very long burn-in time. What was your experience in this regard?

rja: yes: the Exogal looks like a very nice piece. Not sure how I'd demo
 one, though. 

dlcockrum: what you suggest is always good advice but somewhat difficult to execute. I learned "the hard way," early on, that in-store demos are unreliable indicators of how a system might sound in different surroundings. 
An old top line Sony ES player (the ones that weigh 40 lbs), a Chord Hugo, and a Tara RSC digital cable.  You should get by for around 2 grand.  Then you've got 3 grand left for other stuff. 

The Jolida actually makes a very nice transport, if you just want to continue playing CDs.  Or look at a Cambridge CXC if you want a CD only transport to replace the Jolida.

If you want hi-res, you can also look at PS Audio Perfectwave Transport in addition to stuff like the Bryston BDP-3.  Both of these use linear power supplies (better).  With the Bryston, you still need a computer to rip CDs into wav/flac files.

For DAC, I would personally avoid anything with switching power supply, like Benchmark.  I have heard Yggy is good, but needs to be powered on for 24 hours before sounding good.

You can look at LKS MH-DA004.  I'm actually planning on buying this DAC next year.  I've done a lot of R&D with DAC circuits and power supplies over the years and the LKS does almost everything right.  All linear power supplies (even for digital section), Nichicon Gold tune or Mundorf caps, very large shunt regulated power supply for analog, fully discrete Class A analog output, uses through-hole components for almost all elements (except for SMD items on the discrete analog stage), etc.  The only things I would do differently is to use film-on-foil caps in the analog stage instead of silver mica, and maybe replace the Nichicon Fine Gold caps with Muse KZ.  But I think the LKS will be hard to beat.

You can also look at Audio-GD.  Models R2R-7 or NFB-7.77