Any ideas on the Emotiva Xpa 1 Gen 2 vs other Mono or 2 channel amps?

Hey, I am still looking for a good Mono set or 2 Channel amp in the $2500-3500 range.I am looking at the XPA 1 Gen2 to start with,any other ideas? I have never had this much trouble searching for a good Amp. Thanks Guys.
mancub1

@213running - Yes, it is true of every 2 channel amp.  When run in bridged mode, it is not specifically designed to be stable to when run at lower impedances.  The following is specifically stated on Schiit's website if you click on the FAQ section of the Vidar:

http://www.schiit.com/products/vidar

So what happens if I have 2 ohm speakers? You didn’t rate Vidar for 2 ohms.

No, we didn’t. Because speakers that are rated below 4 ohms are pretty rare. The bottom line is that Vidar will run 2 ohm speakers, but it may run into its protection and turn itself off.  

Same for 4 ohms when running monoblocks?

Yes. Again, Vidar will probably work fine at sane volumes, but at higher output, you may trigger the protection.

I never recommended that the Parasound A21 should be run in bridged mode.  I did state that the XPA-1 monoblock (and probably every other "true" monoblock) will be stable at lower impedances because the circuit and power supply rails are specifically designed to be stable at these impedances.

You seem to be contradicting yourself in stating that stereo amps should not be bridge, but then go on to state that the Vidar stereo amp is fine bridged.  If you say they have tested the Vidar in bridged mode, then fine.  This is not usually the case.

I only recommended the A21 because the OP is looking for either a monoblock or good stereo amp.

I just checked the specs on the emotiva XPA-1, and in the specifications section they state that 4 ohms is the minimum load recommended.  I guess not all monoblocks are the same.  

I wasn't suggesting that any stereo amps shouldn't be run in bridged mode, simply pointing out the A21's stated limitations.

And I tried to find the reference to running the Vidars in monoblock with the 4 ohms Magnepans, but can't find it.  I'd suggest that one call Schiit and discuss this if that's the goal.  But for sure it would be fine as a stereo amp, but then it's only 100 wpc.
Stay away from all these brands! For $3500 you can scour the country for a used McIntosh MC352! I wouldnt give up till you find one. Finding one of these MC352's is not impossible and will blow away anything listed here in this post. Spend your money wisely.

Matt M
If I had 3K to spend on an amp, it certainly wouldn't be an Emotiva.  That's mid fi equipment pretending to be hi fi.  It is  nothing more than a modern day Adcom.
Post removed