Cable Risers/Elevators revisited

For a couple of years now, I've been using ceramic cable elevators, you know, the ones that are overpriced telephone pole pieces.  😉 I've used them blindly, and always have had a pretty revolving system, since my speaker upgrade earlier this year, I've been reevaluating things.  Last night I decided to remove the cable elevators from the system and let the cables rest au natural on the carpeted floor.  Honestly, I wasn't expecting a world of differnce.   Well, to my surprise, it sounded-better?!   Larger soundstage, much better timbre and bloom, less analytical, with better dynamics.  It sounds way less hifi, and more like a live performance.   I   I can't  believe it.   I would have thought the opposite would have been found.   I'm at a loss.  Reinserting the lifters brings a super squeaky clean, but univolving and electronic sound.   Not sure if it's gen ceramic, but maybe a test drive of different lifter materials is in order.  

audiolover718
No, I didn’t say that. What I said was ceramic material itself is a resonator. I was opening that if someone did not have any luck with ceramic cable elevators it would perhaps be due to the uh, resonating. Besides solid objects do not (rpt not) really isolate the cable from floorborne vibration. That’s why I always recommend suspending cables and cords. You could suspend them from the ceiling or if you were feeling patriotic you could suspend them from a bunch of small Statues of Liberty with little rubber bands. 🏗 That way you kill two birds with one stone. 🦃 🦃

I tried rising my cables once.  I used "Concrete Chairs" found on the ground at a construction site.  The Chairs are designed to hold rebar above the ground during a concrete pour.  I didn't notice an appreciable difference in sound.