No-one talks about Rowlands anymore

It's Pass all over the place. Is Rowland going down big time or terribly and expensively up?
inna

Hi maplegrovemusic, actually Rowland has at least a triple presence at RMAF....

a full complement of Rowland gear can be heard in the Humboldt room, which is the Nordost suite, powering a pair of Magico speakers, and all wired by Odin II cabling.... There you will hear a linelevel stack formed by the PSU ultra-caps-based power supply feeding an Aeris DAC and a Corus preamp.... These feeding a pair of brand new M535 bridged amplifiers, that deliver some 900W per side into the Magico.

One of the amphitheater-style seminar rooms is powered by the big Rowland Daemon integrated.

Instead, the Rowland suite is kept deliberately quiet, so that audiophiles cam talk in peace with Jeff Rowland, Lucien Pichette, and others.

Hope this helps.

Guido

That’s kind of what I’ve had in mind for all the big show exhibits, static displays. Mainly due to the almost obsessive compulsive use of brand spanking new speakers and brand new electronics at the show. Come on, folks. Analogous to the old expression, better to remain silent and thought the fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

I heard the Daemon at AXPONA in April of this year powering Joseph Audio Perspectives. It was hard to get a seat in that room. Many folks stated that the Rowland/Joseph/Cardas room was the best sound of the show. I thought it was...I went out and bought a Rowland Continuum S2 and JA Perspectives a month later. If Rowland is dying, they are doing it in style because their current Class D amps are musical, powerful, have an inky black background, are cool to the touch, look great, and are built like stylish tanks. I'm now a full fledged Rowland fan. I've heard the Daemon, Continuum S2, M925s, and Richard's A/B 625 S2 mentioned above. They all sounded splendid to me and never seemed to be working very hard to do it. It is that there are folks who believe Class D produces inferior SQ. I doubt those folks have spent much time listening to Rowland's latest Class D offerings. 

Hi Al, while listening to my M925 monos right now, I can't help it agreeing with you. As I mentioned so many times already, some folks need to "get out of the house more often". At least, if they still did not like the music made by well designed modern class D amps, they could base their preference on fresh personal experience.

Regards, Guido

I've already stated that I really love my JR 625 S2 amp. I hear a lot of talk about how bad their preamps are, but to date I haven't found anything to replace my JR preamp within its price range. Maybe I'm one of those people that enjoys the Jeff Rowland "house" sound or maybe there's such synergy with Rowland amps and preamps that makes it very hard to find a better match?