"Straight" talk

I can't emphasize enough about the importance of proper azimuth.  When even a bit off, the result is smearing of soundstage, emphasis of one channel or the other, blurring of lyrics, loss or air around the instruments...etc.  If Paul Simon (et al) doesn't sing in his own space exactly between your speakers....better get a Foz.
128x128stringreen
@stringreen .... how do you tell your Foz , is actually "correct"? I'm guessing like those you shade, your final acceptance is with your ears. If it was off , your stance is no, its correct even if your ears tell you different ? Likely not , so that said if you know what correct is then how can you be so flippant that it can't be done by ear from the get go. Sorry I find the logic flawed to assume a meter is the metric of choice that your ears make the final decision on.
Your speedometer analogy,.....can you tell your foz is correct without hearing results after its set...........

+1 do it by ear. Especially if you have a dual pivot on your vpi arm wand - makes it easy peasy and you don't mess up your vtf every time you adjust it. And also if like me your fozgo stopped working and you don't want to Spring for another one