KEF Reference 207/2s, 3s, or Blade 2s

If I replace my beloved 107/2s, which of the above would be the best choice?  A Wilson Sophia might be an attractive option.  In the current market, I've found a pair of 207/2s for about half the price of Blade 2s, but haven't found a Reference 3 or Sophia for sale.

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
The Kef Blade is in a different league from the older 207.2 so if you are looking at a speaker for the next 20 years go find a used Blade.

What is your budget anyway?
I'm 81; my mother and three of her siblings lived to over 100, so 20 years might be the correct period.  The 207/2s are $7K, Blade 2s $14K.

db
@dbphd   Someone on another thread recently posted something very appropos ... (wish I could remember which thread regarding what I will say)....much more elegantly.

Factor time into your equation (hearing ability, life-span, etc) and I'd say the choice is crystal clear. For me, it reverses the $14K or $7K, should either amount be in your comfort zone.

Blade 2s all the way. Or if space, room and aesthetics allow go for the Blade...they are also heavily discounted.