Do I have to spend $4000 plus to get a better sounding speaker than GET model 7 ?

I have owned a pair of Golden Ear Technology 7's speaker for almost 3 years. I think they sound very good in my current set-up.  I bought them unheard based on the rave reviews they received at CES 2012. My concern is that if I was to invest in a speaker that is $3500-$4000, it may prove to be only marginally or fairly better. I am not saying that the GET's 7's are the best bargain in audio at $1395.  My experience with them is they are  very accurate with low distortion, but don't throw a particularly wide or deep soundstage. 

I have considered( not necessarily auditioned) Revel F-206;  Focal Aria 936;  Paradign F85;  PSB T-2';  Ryan 630;  B&W CM9S   Dynaudio X-34;  Duevel "Venus"  Audio Physic Sitara 25 and Tempo 25  All of the indicated speakers (except AP and Duevel) fall in the $3000-$4500 retail price range 

ProAc floor standers are off the scope in price, (often, even used)   Anything I buy will be used, because California sales tax is 8.5%,  and I can stretch my dollars buying used. 

Any recommendations are welcomed especially if based on you own experience with a particular speaker or brand.

Thank you, S.J     

sunnyjim
If you are interested in the Tektons you could always look into the Electron for a smaller model that appearantly is voiced exactly like the DIs with the same driver array just smaller drivers.   
Between Focal and Revel I would go Focal for my tastes. Never heard a Focal I didn't like. The Revels while technically excellent are a little dry IMO. 
BTW the music room has a pair of Focal Electra 1027be speakers for under 3k.  Sounds like a pretty descent deal. I was impressed with the 1028be which is a little newer but others in some forums were saying they thought the 1027be was better but I've never heard it. Little older but imagine would outperform one of the newer model from the Aria line. I could be wrong. 

To Mofojo,  Thank you for the recommendation about the Tekton "Electron"  I checked it out before on their website, but will go back to take another look.  BTW,  I did see the pair of  Focal 1028Be's on the Music Room site. I may have dismissed them because they were an older model. Will check a few reviews if still available

To ka-am: Be assured, I am not in good enough health to conduct as you say a "structured mission" looking for new speakers. Unfortunately, those days are over, so I must rely on reviews and member's testimonials and recommendations I will reciprocate  to anyone conducting a  similar speaker quest. 

I tend to agree with you about direct order companies that also may offer home trials, however, at least you have the opportunity of hearing a speaker with your own equipment.  You offer a strong endorsement for the Focal Aria line.   There was a dealer in Florida that has (or had) a pair of 936's store demoes on sale. When I inquired if they would overwhelm my room, he curtly replied "yes" and offered instead the Focal Aria 926.   In addition, the 936's would cost  close to $300  to ship to sunny SoCal, so I passed on the sale. 

I need to decide if I want to  proceed  with one of  the three direct sales companies. Tekton, Decware, or  Spatial Audio.  As you know, handing over distribution to dealers means putting the integrity of the product into their hands, and taking less profit.  However, I don't believe that the argument made by direct mail manufacturers that cutting out the "middle man"  saves the buyer money. I think that is bit of hogwash.  

Thanks  to all,  SJ

Post removed 

To mofojo:  The Focal Electra 1027be speakers  you mentioned are gone on the Music Room site already.  Thanks anyway for the heads up.

I am now checking out the Salk Audio "Songtower RT ( RAAL ribbon) tweeter   They may be a direct market company.

Has anyone heard or own  them??  

Thank you,  SJ.