No-one talks about Rowlands anymore

It's Pass all over the place. Is Rowland going down big time or terribly and expensively up?
inna
As someone said in another thread, even very expensive cartridges have average quality diamonds.
I do think Jeff damaged his reputation within audiophile community, but that's not where money is. It is hard to refuse the opportunity to make five times more by selling those still very good sounding pieces to Asian and non-Asian non-audiophiles. Personally, his amps are not on my list. With solid state I would go with either Pass or European brands. I would still consider old 8T, maybe.
While there are some valid points on cost of said modules, it would seem prudent that judgement was withheld until the newer Rowland gear was actually heard by the OP and others. That would seem only fair to JRDG.

eHello George and Inna... as much as I fear that it might be futile to do so, I must invite you once again to... Get out of the house more often... You never know what novel beauty you might discover, unless you did so.

Ah yes, I did dredge up from my old files a lovely quote from our own Rodman9999 that ever puts a smile on my face....

"Just don't fall into the category of those whose minds, like concrete, are thoroughly mixed up and permanently set"

Another saying that I love might be from a song by Al Yankowitcz... It goes something like:

"Ah nostalgia, nostalgia... Even you ain't what you used to be!"

G.

It may not matter to me how new Rowlands sound - I don't like his attitude. This is not only about Jeff Rowland, I don't discriminate.
For example, if Ralph of Atma-Sphere keeps self-advertising here like crazy in the middle of the discussions, I'll rule his amps out too.
Post removed