Vandersteen 2wq with Mccormack dna .5

Fellow audiophiles,
If there are folks out there using A Vandy 2wq sub with Mccormack DNA 0.5 amp then then I would like to know what value of crossover is working for you. I have tried 100k, 75k and 50k fixed crossovers and it all sounds the same to me. I have the crossover box and played around with different settings but haven't quite felt that 'aha' moment. I have had this combination for over a decade and the system has been used in various homes in rooms of different sizes. It has sounded different in different settings but has consistenly left me wanting for more. Am trying to figure out if there's something that is truly wrong or whether I should stop wasting my time and live with the way it sounds. Any feedback is appreciated.
uditnaik
Bob/hifiman5,
I haven't got a chance to connect with Johnny R (time difference between the west coast and NJ is always a challenge) however, I disconnected the 2WQ and am just using the 2CE Sigs II and it sounds much much better. Not sure if it's my room acoustics, the crossovers or the fine tuning but the quest will continue. However, for the moment, I am happy with what I am hearing. Maybe that the bass was too much for the space... Will try the sub with the 1Cs and see what I discover.
Oh, that’s weird.
If that is the case, perhaps you need to go to a higher setting, like 150k ohms. Like I said, (and Johnny), this is something you have to test out yourself to find the right balance.
As you are on the West Coast, why not call Mr. V. directly? He responds, usually the next day.
He helped me with my setup. In fact, when I called and told him the subs weren’t producing any bass, he responded quickly, but was a bit rushed for time, he even called back the next day to help me trace the problem- This, despite my being a buyer of used equipment. (It turns out I had the settings too high).

I can’t say how highly I think of him and his company.
Bob
You can also call SMcAudio.
Pat usually answers the phone and can help you. McCormack and Vandersteen were very close for a while, so they have lots of information to provide.
B

It's been almost 4 weeks since I disconnected the 2Wq and have been listening to just the 2CE Sigs II and I am just amazed at the bass that these speakers have. When I bought them, I already had the subwoofer since I was using it with my 1Cs and I figured I may as well use it with the 2CEs. Well, it appears that I had way too much bass than necessary. I am going to continue listening to this setup for a couple of weeks until I figure out another placement for the 2WQ.
yep
tell us more about the room
also
download ( for free! ) vandertones and get the analog radio shack spl meter and see what is happening with speaker / room at you listening position.
this is $ 50 project that will get you out of paralysis