When Money Is No Object -- You Buy Bose?

I saw this on the check out line at the supermarket.  The pit living room is the cover shot for this month's Dwell magazine.  There are many things I like about the house, not that I would make the same choices, but it's a nice look.  The integration of the building and the terrain is marvelous.  However, the Bose 901s and how they're positioned with all that glass just made me laugh.  Did a designer do that to them as a joke?
128x128onhwy61
About 15 years ago, I attended an executive seminar on a "new way" to seamlessly integrate marketing/branding with product development in a long-term enterprise strategy. The facilitator used the Bose team’s previously completed "strategically-integrated marketing/product development plan" as an example of how to master the exercise at hand.

The first seminar exercise was to produce a list of attributes and order them from 1 to 10 according to importance to the strategy. The Bose team’s list had #1 "Brand Perception" and #2 "Market Appeal". "Sound Quality" was #7 out of the 10.

Perfectly executed strategy, don’t you think?

Dave
I had the 901’s back in the mid 80s. There were very innovative for the time, although the speakers I have today are much better indeed. While I agree with the idea “ Bose success was very much because of marketing success” in all fairness Omar Bose was a very good engineer. I think he put much of his money into the design of a very progressive automobile suspension system that, I believe, was never used in the commercially available market.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3KPYIaks1UY
Didn’t Dudley Moore’s character in the film ‘Arthur’ have a pair? I think their stands make them decoratively acceptable sort of mid century modern. Think the Jetsons.

The actual boes inovation of ‘never set them up next to any other speaker’ so the customer can’t compare is still used today.