When Money Is No Object -- You Buy Bose?

I saw this on the check out line at the supermarket.  The pit living room is the cover shot for this month's Dwell magazine.  There are many things I like about the house, not that I would make the same choices, but it's a nice look.  The integration of the building and the terrain is marvelous.  However, the Bose 901s and how they're positioned with all that glass just made me laugh.  Did a designer do that to them as a joke?
128x128onhwy61

Whe
obviously, the Bose units are advertising accents.

in keeping with the topic....

When money is no object?
Bose would not be an option. I’ve never seen Bose at any uber wealthy digs. Ever.

Buy islands or castles. Or a castle in Monaco.

Afterwards, you have the remodeling contractor install in wall speakers for ambient or background audio throughout the digs. Except in the great room where you will have live bands playing on occasion.

Then let the designers do their thing on a short leash.

Although with shiek bucks, I’d be pretty busy with all the other toys to spend too much time compiling and listening to audio. Probably make one trip to Munich during the annual show and buy a ‘turn key’ outfit and have it delivered and setup by the makers while I was seeing how fast a new Scorpion or Ciggarette, and McClaren or buggatti can really go.

No, check that. I’d buy ‘em all and then clock ‘em. Use the slow ones for target practice from the new helicopter outfitted with a Dylan Aero 134 Gattlin gun.

Maybe do some listening after riding the X ship into space and back.

Then buy another completely different audio system and repeat the whole series. After returning from a cruise on my new submarine outfitted with spot lights and a see through forward viewing area like the sci fi ‘Seaview’ had on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Possibly put a Bose in the Galley for the cook.

If money was no object before the sub purchase, it might be afterwards. I hear they’re a little pricey. Might have to do without the Bose in the Galley afterall.

There was a pretty rough picture of Faye Dunaway’s living room back when she was a top performer in H-wood--she had someone custom build in stacked Quad ESLs so they effectively disappeared but, it was hard to tell from the picture--they appeared to be floating on a partition wall.
You rarely see hi-fi, let alone hi-end hi-fi, in photos of major real estate interiors. That glass cube of a room would be tough to do without some sculptural pieces of furniture, which I don't think is the look they were trying to achieve. Conversation pits, to my mind, go with shag rugs. 

About 15 years ago, I attended an executive seminar on a "new way" to seamlessly integrate marketing/branding with product development in a long-term enterprise strategy. The facilitator used the Bose team’s previously completed "strategically-integrated marketing/product development plan" as an example of how to master the exercise at hand.

The first seminar exercise was to produce a list of attributes and order them from 1 to 10 according to importance to the strategy. The Bose team’s list had #1 "Brand Perception" and #2 "Market Appeal". "Sound Quality" was #7 out of the 10.

Perfectly executed strategy, don’t you think?

Dave