"Straight" talk

I can't emphasize enough about the importance of proper azimuth.  When even a bit off, the result is smearing of soundstage, emphasis of one channel or the other, blurring of lyrics, loss or air around the instruments...etc.  If Paul Simon (et al) doesn't sing in his own space exactly between your speakers....better get a Foz.
128x128stringreen
you have to be nuts to readjust your arm for every or even for different records.  This started out to be a caution for all to properly adjust azimuth, and how important this adjustment is on sound.  I've said what I wanted  - this line of posts is finished for me.
I adjust all my carts flat for the thickest records, and as most of my vinyls are thinner I´m running most of my carts a bit high (e.g. a greater VTA). All sound well balanced and I just forget different vinyls. Nowadays I don´t mess with VTF either, I just adjust it a bit higher than recommended average.
And then I just enjoy the music because my carts sound right then. And as vinyl play is already a VERY complicated thing why on Earth should I make it more difficult, I simply have no time to waste on inessential subjects.
As for atzimuth, I adjust it correct regarding the exact balance between the speakers (test record). Job´s done.
@stringreen,

By your own admission, azimuth is critical. I’m not sure that one parameter is more crucial than another as you seem to suggest, as they all work together, IMO.

You said, "you have to be nuts to readjust your arm for every or even for different records."

You just, (by your latest post), affirmed that your reason for your post is not justified by your latest statement.?

Because all records are not perfectly flat or even perfectly pressed,. You opened the door...?

I don't need a Foz, (even though I own one), to let me know when I have azimuth adjusted correctly. I haven't used mine since I took my ET 2.5 out of play..
I use a foz as well. One point that has not been mentioned, and it is an important one, is to calibrate the Foz before each use. That is assuming that you are using it on occasion, and not every day