Pangea AC14XL removeable ground plug

I bought this Pangea AC14XL to replace a Cardas for two reasons.  The primary is the removable ground plug.  The ground humming noise from my Passlabs X150 is very annoying.  I tried different products and none of them work perfectly, the only effective way Passlabs support advised me was cheater plug which works but not really happy using one with Cardas power cable and Passlabs amp.  So the removeable ground plug solves the humming issue without using cheater plug.  The second reason is the deathgrip.  Cardas power cable is stiff so it gets loose over time (mine gets loose on amp end)  I like this cable being securely connected.  The cable is new so not ready to judge sound yet.  The initial impression is neutral.

Does anybody use power cable with removeable ground plug, and what is your opinion on this old but persist topic; and Passlabs owners do you get ground humming noise?  I have used X3, X250 and X150, all has ground humming sound.  If so, how did you solve it?  Thanks
128x128alexlhsu
Possible bingo ... are you using the AT TT's built in pre-amp?  That can be the source of the hum.  Are you using the built-in or outboard pre-amp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NT67ii04uQ

Rich 
I would really like to learn WHO at Pass suggested you use a cheater plug. They are not safe.

If they were safe, every amp would have a ground lift switch for the power cord.

Oddly enough, Parasound puts a ground lift switch on their Halo amps.  When I had the A21, I never had to use it.  I used to get a very slight hum coming from the amp occasionally, and I chalked it up to flourescent light fixtures that were on the same circuit.  

When I upgraded those fixtures with new ballasts, the noise went away.
In my Cary manual under trouble shooting it states:

Symptom: Hum or “Buzzing” in speakers
Remedy:  Install 2-pin adapter on AC cord to float the ground

Not the best advice. 

Oddly enough, Parasound puts a ground lift switch on their Halo amps.  
These ground lift switches typically just isolate the signal input ground from the chassis ground.