Digital Music sounds too bright?

If you feel your digital sound is too bright - I suggest you place a lightweight blanket over your tv screen or computer screen, if you have it placed between your main speakers. I did this and immediately heard a less edgy sound and improved separation between left and right channels.  I have a 55 inch screen between my mains (Tyler Acoustics). This easy and free tweak made a noticeable improvement for me. Hope it will for you too. 

(It makes complete sense that this will reduce some reflected sound. No one would ever recommend placing a mirror or window between main speakers, but a screen has the same effect. If you have a coffee table in front of you when listening, it also could reflect sound that undermines your speakers. Try covering it or moving it away). 
philtangerine
There are many potential reasons for a bright sound, and a very common one is a screen placed between main speakers. Although it may not be the best long term solution, a simple test is to place a blanket over the screen to damp down the reflective surface. If this improves the sound, then you can consider members’ suggestions for better ways to eliminate or avoid reflected sound. If the test does not improve the sound, then you can consider all the other approaches proposed by the forum members.
The problem was what is called the Hass Effect and the subsequent 4 - 5 milliSecond delay caused by the sound traveling across the screen (both ways) and emitting from the sharp edge of the other side.
Oy yea, the problm was not that the sound was from a digital source.  What was happening was all the result of the acoustic (analog) sound waves and had nothing to do with original recorded media, digital or analog, the media is not blame or be held at fault in this case.