Thiel CS2

I just recieved a pair of Thiel CS2 speakers for a VERY good price and was looking for information, opinions, and comments on these speakers as I am not familiar with Thiel at all. Anyone with experience that would like to share would be appreciated. 
128x128giantsalami

If I am hijacking please let me know and I can start a separate thread.

I currently own Vandy 2ce Sig IIs but have heard great things about the Thiel 2.4s and 3.6s, 3.7s.

Being that Thiel and Vandersteen are both time and phase coherent speakers; can anyone describe the similarities/ differences between the two?

The sound character of Thiels and Vandys is very different despite both being excellent examples of time/phase coherent speakers. Your preference between the two will depend entirely on your personal preception of musical fidelity and also the equipment they are matched with, IMO.

Dave 
dlcockrum is right.  In the 80s, the differences could have been described as the Thiel sound was tilted to the higher frequencies (Jim Thiel argued that the response was flat), the Vandersteen as a darker sound.  I think the two brands evolved so that they are closer in their tonal presentation now, but each has its own sound that you may or may not prefer.
Agree with dlcockrum and rcprince. I've owned Thiel CS2's since 1986. Auditioned Vandersteen 2Ce finding them overall a bit "restrained." Nice sound but not as engaging.