Digital Music sounds too bright?

If you feel your digital sound is too bright - I suggest you place a lightweight blanket over your tv screen or computer screen, if you have it placed between your main speakers. I did this and immediately heard a less edgy sound and improved separation between left and right channels.  I have a 55 inch screen between my mains (Tyler Acoustics). This easy and free tweak made a noticeable improvement for me. Hope it will for you too. 

(It makes complete sense that this will reduce some reflected sound. No one would ever recommend placing a mirror or window between main speakers, but a screen has the same effect. If you have a coffee table in front of you when listening, it also could reflect sound that undermines your speakers. Try covering it or moving it away). 
philtangerine
My guru says Quark entanglement is better...

since the blanket is nearly free, why not give it a whirl

getting those speakers out from the wall might do wonders for depth of image...

and for that science kills the guru
unless you bought the steep crossovers...

I’m with audioengr on this. I’ve had both Thiel & Maggie 3.5’s with a big ugly TV right between ’em in a tight-ish set up and I never found soundstage or imaging suffering for it. In fact, that roundup could have been very bright, but it wasn’t. I got nothing but 3D magic out of that big, mostly Audio Research tube rig. There we’re curtains & rugs and a little bachelor laundry laying about to absorb sound.
And a nice, twentieth century tube DAC does wonders.
Despite the posters that eschew this technique, it works for me as well. I’m sure there are other paths, but $25 is a good investment. Guess I’m just not as evolved (or opinionated) as they are.
Go to any show and listen to Steve N.' Empirical Audio gear; it is killer good and the word bright or any other synonyms need not apply.

I heard a system two weeks ago with Wilson, Nagra, and dCS and it was anything but bright. Just lovely sound. (ya, I know, not an audiophile term)