Your advice to speakers designers

What would it be?
I'd say - instead of building great furniture that also happens to sound good give us great sounding speakers that also happen to be acceptable furniture.
inna
I feel comfortable with any design that sounds good to my ear and can fit in the medium size room.

"There's a lack of choice in the omni and coaxial schools of speaker design right now. You know the types of speakers which can address a large sweet spot."

Very interesting.  Thanks for the nudge in that general direction.

Duke

I rarely just sit down and listen, but usual speakers do just fine for me, though I suppose omni would do better in this respect.
If aesthetics are important then the sound will never be great.  I have no problem with people who want to listen to good looking speakers in a good looking room but if that's what you want you don't need to care too much about electronics.  You don't need to care about cables at all.  Get some good speakers that don't do anything too wrong, sit back and enjoy. 
Yeah. Besides, by definition speakers cannot look too good in a usual sense. Or electronics really. Well, some might like Rowland's shiny boxes or Absolare leather wraped cases. Not me. I like the look of Focal Utopia, some Kharmas, and Lansches with their plasma tweeter that also happens to sound great are fine too.
Gryphon amps look good, Ypsilon is not bad. Big Wavacs, oh hell, look great. Kondo sucks. Lamm fine. Pass weird.
But in any case, unless it is extraordinarily bizarre I don't care, and even if it is I will listen of course.
People here often kind of complain about their wives in relation to aesthetics of the gear. I understand. Most wives can be convinced by the performance, I believe.