Your advice to speakers designers

What would it be?
I'd say - instead of building great furniture that also happens to sound good give us great sounding speakers that also happen to be acceptable furniture.
inna

inna, I'm not out to make you an enemy. If I offended you, my apologies.

However, I think you need to consider some other perspectives, not merely those which agree with you. :)

...close your eyes, sit back and enjoy Vandersteen speakers....then open your eyes and feast on the perfect build and finish of them (I have 5A's with their Kowazinga finish..  I had a furniture repair person come to refinish an end table....walked to the speakers and remarked how beautiful they are)

Ralph makes an excellent point in suggesting the amp/speaker interaction be given high priority by speaker designers, and in particular I echo his vote for fairly high impedances and benign curves.  

Likewise imo the speaker/room interaction deserves high priority in most cases.

I’d go so far as to say amp + speaker + room = a system within a system.

Duke

@inna, "So, what kind of questions should I ask a speaker designer to see if he has a good idea of crossovers and their implementation?"

How comfortable do you feel with the different strategies / topologies that exist?

@douglas_schroeder , "As a reviewer my advice to manufacturers; ignore 99% of this thread and carry on."

Kudos for holding on to the crown for routinely submitting the most pompous and condescending posts any participant!

There's a lack of choice in the omni and coaxial schools of speaker design right now. You know the types of speakers which can address a large sweet spot. We don't all want to sit still listening and if we do time is precious.

Plenty of room out there for 'activity accomodating' speakers which are ambivalent to the listeners moving around the room, standing up, sitting on the floor, etc. There are enough multi-system audiophiles out there to account for selling speakers with a different use case vs simple preferences.

I can't be the only one using a single driver speaker because my listening room doubles as many other things and I appreciate the point source behavior. My music however doesn't play well with the limited bandwidth.