Digital Music sounds too bright?

If you feel your digital sound is too bright - I suggest you place a lightweight blanket over your tv screen or computer screen, if you have it placed between your main speakers. I did this and immediately heard a less edgy sound and improved separation between left and right channels.  I have a 55 inch screen between my mains (Tyler Acoustics). This easy and free tweak made a noticeable improvement for me. Hope it will for you too. 

(It makes complete sense that this will reduce some reflected sound. No one would ever recommend placing a mirror or window between main speakers, but a screen has the same effect. If you have a coffee table in front of you when listening, it also could reflect sound that undermines your speakers. Try covering it or moving it away). 
philtangerine
Shadorne, I happen to agree with the OP.

While everyone talks about first reflections, which is true, what most people miss is that damping the room between the speakers has a lot of benefits as well. The OP's idea to experiment cheaply should be commended. Key word is _experiment_.

Pillows, throw rugs, etc. Put some down between and around the speakers on the floor and you can really tamp down brightness and reveal detail. See oh, a dozen of my previous posts on the subject. :)

One key reason to try this is most people don't think about it. It's counter-intuitive, but we do perceive "loudness" as an integral of input over time. This is among the most worthwhile experiments and cheapest experiments an audiophile should do.

Best,

E
TV (reflective glass surface) behind/between speakers kills soundstage and imaging unless your speakers are built into wall cabinets in which case there is no soundstage or imaging to kill.

Dave
Just be aware that most speakers radiate only forwards above about 300Hz. So what is between and behind speakers will be third or fourth reflection points in most cases. Side walls, ceiling and floor in front of speakers and between speakers and the listener will be primary reflection points. I prefer most a live front end and a damped setup behind the listener. Zero reflection points within 3 feet of the speaker mid and tweeter drivers.
There is much more to recreating a musical event than frequency response.

Dave
I have used the method the OP has. The reason for me was to get a better replication of the venue the event was recorded in, better sound staging. And it worked nicely. I found a thicker blanket worked better for me.