Do I have to spend $4000 plus to get a better sounding speaker than GET model 7 ?

I have owned a pair of Golden Ear Technology 7's speaker for almost 3 years. I think they sound very good in my current set-up.  I bought them unheard based on the rave reviews they received at CES 2012. My concern is that if I was to invest in a speaker that is $3500-$4000, it may prove to be only marginally or fairly better. I am not saying that the GET's 7's are the best bargain in audio at $1395.  My experience with them is they are  very accurate with low distortion, but don't throw a particularly wide or deep soundstage. 

I have considered( not necessarily auditioned) Revel F-206;  Focal Aria 936;  Paradign F85;  PSB T-2';  Ryan 630;  B&W CM9S   Dynaudio X-34;  Duevel "Venus"  Audio Physic Sitara 25 and Tempo 25  All of the indicated speakers (except AP and Duevel) fall in the $3000-$4500 retail price range 

ProAc floor standers are off the scope in price, (often, even used)   Anything I buy will be used, because California sales tax is 8.5%,  and I can stretch my dollars buying used. 

Any recommendations are welcomed especially if based on you own experience with a particular speaker or brand.

Thank you, S.J     

sunnyjim
Sunny, yep, I’ll agree that with the excellent electronics that you have, you really are missing out with your present speakers. There are many good speakers to choose from with a $4000 budget that will put a pair of $1400 speakers to shame.

Kosst has mentioned Focal, and they would be worth an audition, along with some others if visiting brick and mortar stores is possible, bringing along your favorite music.

I would again suggest Ascend Acoustics. I’ve owned their Sierra 1 and Sierra-2 with the Raal Tweeter. They are amazing and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Raal is a leader in ribbon tweeters and makes them by hand. They have superior vertical dispersion and are so accurate, the imaging is off the charts.(I have no affiliation with Ascend, but have become a big fan) My Sierra 2 handled the Parasound Halo A21 just fine.

The Ascend Tower takes this to another level with a superior midrange driver and an upgraded Raal tweeter in comparison to the Sierra 2. I haven’t heard the Tower yet, but any owner/reviewer who’s compared them to the Sierra 2 has been wowed.   Plus, being internet direct, they are priced at around $2800, depending on finish options.

The only way to audition is to try them out in home on a 30 day trial. You would have to eat the shipping charges if you return them, but I guarantee they will trounce the GET 7. I would suggest starting by phoning Ascend Acoustics and explaining your situation. Their website has the contact information.

Thanks again to those who responded so far. Special thanks to "213runnin" for recommending the Ascend  Towers.  I considered them before when I was hunting for speakers before to replace GET 7's, but just passed over them ( probably because I wanted to avoid pay retail) but I will give them another look.   

Also thanks to those members who recommended the Focal Aria 936 which I also mentioned in my thread.  There was  a pair on sale I believe on AG recently. However, they are big. heavy speakers; I am just curious if anyone knows  if the Aria  926  would sound almost the same, even though having less bass, and be also lighter and easier to move around. 

A few members mentioned the B&W CM9 S and CM10 S. However, several reviews complain about them sounding bright, less so with the more expensive model CM10

Has anyone auditioned the Revel F206 which retails for $3500?? It reviews  well;. I checked with two local dealers who only display the  larger and more expensive F-208

Thanks to all,   S.J.

I am sure someone will call me a fanboy but you really may want to consider Tekton Double Impacts. Very natural sounding quick and dynamic. 

mofogo,   Thanks for the recommendation; I have checked out the Tekton Double Impacts, and they  are too large for my listening space that is approx. 12X15.  . 

S.J.

Post removed