Should there be concern?

Recently I ran across an item of interest to me here on audiogon. As I read the entire ad I found it strange that the condition of item said new but the limited informative text said it was used until recently. I send the seller a private text regarding this and the limited information suggesting he should change and add more information.  I received a nasty reply and was promptly blocked by the seller. Would this raise red flags to anyone else or am I just being too sensitive?
128x128gillatgh
"If the box is open, its used!"  Couldn't agree more.

I've been really lucky buying and selling on Audiogon, but I hear from others about that occasional person like the one you described.  Life's too short to deal with people like that.

The only "problem" I've had, selling items, is that I once had a guy who lived fairly local, we communicated via Audiogon email, he called me to ask some questions, we agreed on a price, he shows up at my home and the first thing out of his mouth was that he thought about it and reduced his offer by $600.  I told him the deal was "off".  This guy wanted to see the unit I was selling, after reducing his offer...no way!  What I learned from this was to demand that a buyer make a formal offer on Audiogon, no problem communicating via email, but the offer and payment had to be done thru the site.  Just my 2 cents.
Thank you for your replies. Been doing business for quite some time here on audiogon and had all good experience. This is really the first time I was exposed to this type of issue. After playing around on the selling side I'm finding quite a few ads which I would question. Whatever happened to truth in advertising?  Let the buyer beware.
After many good transactions finally had a bad one.  Seller rated as mint. I found a total of 5 defects.  While we renegotiated this to closure, what a pain this was!

Yes, there is more overrating now than before.  There is a similar post from 3 weeks ago on this issue.
Post removed 
Update, looked at ad I was interested in again. Seller did change condition rating from new to 7/10 and dropped the price from $450.00 to $390.00. I would still refrain from doing business with the individual.
Description of item has not changed from original and is very limited.