Vibration Issues / Turntable Decisions

Currently have a Thorens TB-150 which is upgraded to about the fullest extent (Cardas Wiring, New Walnut Plinth, MusicHall Cruise Control 2.0, Rega RB220 Arm, Ortofon 2M Bronze). With that being said, my table is plagued with skips if you all but tip-toe in the room. One of those things that just gets on my nerves. So I have been looking around for a mass-loaded TT.

Is changing to a ClearAudio Performance or MusicHall 9.3 really going to make a different in the skipping?
Any feedback on the Goldring Eroica LX Cart?
Are there any tables to be looking at?

Thanks!

-Ron
hifiron
Yep, 100% right on. Going to take some time this weekend and investigate some options under the crawl. I only have 2' of working space between the bottom of the floor joists and the earth below.

Stay tuned!

roxy54
I said decoupling not damping.

I was responding to the poster previous to my comment. I am pro decoupling and pro draining and to a lesser extent pro damping. In combination, not separately.

hifiron,

My crawl space has less than 2'. I ended up using some 4x4s and some 20 ton bottle jacks to support the floor joists.
When I was a postdoc at U. Oregon I was introduced to atomic force microscopy, a technology that uses a stylus in the sub-micron tip size range to physically scan and touch-tap to map and image the topography of biomolecules such as DNA, proteins and other structures on a solid support. The resulting images showed hi rez, three dimensionality of biologically relevant tertiary structures. An example was propogation of RNA polymerase II on a DNA template in solution. As you can imagine, any vibration needed to be removed from the microscope and detection system in order to gain maximum resolution. The solution was to suspend these microscopes not with mass loaded heavy laser tables, but with bungee cords from the ceiling.

I don’t see why the same physical principles couldn’t apply to turntables.
Since I don’t understand one word you just said, I’m afraid to disagree!

I just wonder how you’d describe a listening experience??

Hanging the microscopes from the ceiling with bungee cords, was already mentioned. The problem is asthetics!