Vibration Issues / Turntable Decisions

Currently have a Thorens TB-150 which is upgraded to about the fullest extent (Cardas Wiring, New Walnut Plinth, MusicHall Cruise Control 2.0, Rega RB220 Arm, Ortofon 2M Bronze). With that being said, my table is plagued with skips if you all but tip-toe in the room. One of those things that just gets on my nerves. So I have been looking around for a mass-loaded TT.

Is changing to a ClearAudio Performance or MusicHall 9.3 really going to make a different in the skipping?
Any feedback on the Goldring Eroica LX Cart?
Are there any tables to be looking at?

Thanks!

-Ron
hifiron
Roxy
Geoff,

No, I don't "follow". You're still saying that most racks and stands are "terrible", and that is a silly comment.

OK. let's try a different approach. Most racks and stands amplify structureborne vibration. Which is terrible. That's why moving electronics from the rack or stand and placing them directly on the floor usually results in better sound. Even without any isolation. Now do you follow?

🏃.  🏃

Two different spring systems can be used effectively only if their respective resonant frequencies are separated in frequency by a sufficient spacing. Otherwise the two spring systems will interfere. It would be like a car traveling down the road with two sets of identical springs for each wheel. It would be a very bumpy ride. LIGO isolation included dual layer heavy mass-on-spring systems. So there's no doubt this technique works or why.
I never tried a really good rack. Placing equipment on a maple block with cones under it on the floor does give me a better sound. Any piece of equipment. Well, I can't keep everything on the floor because of practical considerations but my turntable is permanently on the floor.
hifiron,

Trying the inexpensive options I laid out would let you experience how this option can work within the system you now have. This sort of end user experience is invaluable. Changing to a completely different TT/suspension does not give you any real answers going forward within your current framework.

If you bring home a different TT, not only do you have a totally new/unfamiliar design to try and interpret but you lose whatever synergy you had to start with. How does this help?

Good luck.

Geoff,

That is completely opposite to my experience, and if it wasn't different from the experience of many others, there would be many rack manufacturers out of business.