Vibration Issues / Turntable Decisions

Currently have a Thorens TB-150 which is upgraded to about the fullest extent (Cardas Wiring, New Walnut Plinth, MusicHall Cruise Control 2.0, Rega RB220 Arm, Ortofon 2M Bronze). With that being said, my table is plagued with skips if you all but tip-toe in the room. One of those things that just gets on my nerves. So I have been looking around for a mass-loaded TT.

Is changing to a ClearAudio Performance or MusicHall 9.3 really going to make a different in the skipping?
Any feedback on the Goldring Eroica LX Cart?
Are there any tables to be looking at?

Thanks!

-Ron
hifiron
hifiron,

Fixing your console to your wall does what, exactly? Your wall is connected to your floor, right? This is the entire issue. ( This would be a (minor) improvement that would be a cause of considerable amount of time/unnecessary work and destruction to your wall).

I’d be glad to discuss with you further on a PM if you’d like. I have similar issues and have found ways to achieve excellent results.

Good luck.
"Don’t use springs, that would negate the suspension system of the Thorens."

I would just add this...

If the Thoren’s suspension was working properly, you’d have little to no problem now? Why would another layer of (effective) isolation be a bad thing? Would the author of the above quote say the same thing if you had a Minus K under your TT now?

To borrow a often read quote from geoffkait... "Hell-ooo!"
Maybe all of us should get Herzan active isolation platform, as was suggested in another thread, and call it a day. It's $10k, so what? Save on coffee, beer and lunches, will be healthier too.
Hang a shelf from the ceiling via bungee cords. Would look like hell, but are you an audiophile or not? ;-)

Geoff,

No, I don't "follow". You're still saying that most racks and stands are "terrible", and that is a silly comment.