Wilsons are the best speakers in the world

Hmm..
I don't think so.
For some reason many electronics manufacturers use them for shows. Why is that? 
inna
Wilson make excellent speakers with extremely high quality build and finishes. They are widely available. A sort of Rolex of audio. They sound excellent and although they may not be of great value they are solid well built and keep their resale value. 

They sound much better than B&W to me and the pulp and paper and fabric dome drivers they used are better (to my ears) than ceramic accuton ones used on Kharmas (Kharma are great speakers too). 

Hard rigid drivers (polypropylene, metal, ceramic) will "ring" and this affects timbre and muddies details. I can hear it.
I agree that Rolex stuff, at least among watch geeks, are nothing special other than a decent mass produced (millions made every year) watch with great resale value (especially some older stuff). Also, I have metal drivers in my Silverline Prelude speakers and they certainly don't "ring," and, in fact, are reasonably flat in the high frequency area…non fatiguing for reasons known only to Alan Yun. I am planning to buy those $650,000 new Wilsons as they seem to provide the largeness one might need in home audio gear. I only have to sell my Silverlines for $649,000 and I'm ready to go.
There is nothing called "best" or "worst" speakers. It is all about:

1. the room they are in
2. people's preference
3. matching components
4. setups

In my opinion, unless you are doing a speaker swap with exactly the same system components untouched, it is impossible to determine if one set of speakers sound better than another. 

You are listening to way too many other items and factors also.

1. room

2. Components (including cables)

3. Voltage from the wall (quality)

I've heard the absolute top of the line Wilson speakers used in an all Audio Research system.  It finally impressed me.  I've heard the other Wilson speakers in the same system and was not that impressed.  It was nice, so don't get me wrong. however, the new top of the line stupidly expensive Wilson speakers in that system was magic.

However, recently I was purchasing a Audio Research REF 6 from Optimal Enchantment in Santa Monica, CA. (excellent place and owner) by-the-way, and the system was the second from the top of the line Basis turn table (really expensive), arm and cartridge, Audio Research REF 10 pre-amp, REF 10 Phono stage, REF 250 SE amps and Vandersteen Audio 7 MKII (I believe) speakers and this was the first time that I have ever noticed that the entire system absolutely disappeared. 

Now, I can't tell you if it was just the speakers.  Because everything else was wonderful.  I can tell you that it was only music, dimension, and space and the system was absolutely gone.  Never experienced this before.

But, this is why so many are disappointed when they purchase a new piece of equipment.  They didn't hear it in their home system, and so many things are different from when in the store.

it is tough. 

Those Vandersteens were nice. 

The top Wilsons I heard also were played with the top Audio Research pre, phono and REF 250 (not SE amp).  But, the turntable, arm, cartridge, cables and room were different in the other system. so who knows?

The Vandersteens cost about $70,000 (really high, but relative to the Wilson?) the Wilsons were what?  $300,000 or higher? 

Either way, all that was out of reach for me.  I was there for the REF 6, which also would have been unreachable, but for the Audio Research trade in/trade up program. 

enjoy