Vandersteen 2wq with Mccormack dna .5

Fellow audiophiles,
If there are folks out there using A Vandy 2wq sub with Mccormack DNA 0.5 amp then then I would like to know what value of crossover is working for you. I have tried 100k, 75k and 50k fixed crossovers and it all sounds the same to me. I have the crossover box and played around with different settings but haven't quite felt that 'aha' moment. I have had this combination for over a decade and the system has been used in various homes in rooms of different sizes. It has sounded different in different settings but has consistenly left me wanting for more. Am trying to figure out if there's something that is truly wrong or whether I should stop wasting my time and live with the way it sounds. Any feedback is appreciated.
uditnaik
Hifiman5,
My main speakers are 2Ce Sigs II. I have Kimber PBJ running between the amp/preamp(Mcintosh C27) and the sub is connected using the standard cable that came along with it (I believe it is Audioquest). Speakers are biwired using Schmitt audio cables. I have been tweaking the Q and the volume control and between the placement and tilt of the 2CE's, I am going through an 'analysis paralysis' syndrome. At this point I have just given up.. Room acoustics could also be a culprit but that's a lot of change to get a rig like this to sound right....
You can also adjust upwards (above 100K). I used the M5-HP with Vandy 3a sigs and Treo's. with a DNA-1-which has 100K ohm. I definitely heard a difference between 150K and 75K, with the bass becoming more pronounced as I proceeded lower.
1 question: how old are the batteries in the crossover? Are they near expiration?
Lastly, I would PM or call John Rutan at audioconnection (that's his Agon ID). He can give you detailed info on how to set up the subs/speakers far better than I can.
Bob
Bob,
Thanks for the tip. Will try to go a level higher and see if there is any difference. I am not using the M5-HP. I have three sets of fixed crossovers (100/75/50) that I bought from Vandersteen/ebay over time. That’s one of the reasons why it also gets cumbersome to keep toggling between the values.

I will call JohnR and pick his brain on this topic. 
OP - Great advice from gdnrbob!  He is right about the lower the crossover setting the more bass from the sub and he is also giving you stellar advice about talking to Johnny Rutan.  As far as I'm aware few people on the planet know as much about Vandersteen's and set up as him ( with the possible exception of Richard V.)
@uditnaik 
I haven't used the fixed crossovers, but the M5-HP. So, batteries shouldn't make a difference. The DNA.5 is rated at 100K ohms, so you should be  good to go considering you have 100-50. Why you aren't hearing differences is troubling to me. Once again, Johnny R. should be able to sort out the problem. 
If you can't find him, let me know.
Bob