Amplifier Starvation

Just had an electriction come by to give me an estimate on a dedicated 20 amp line to my music room.   Because of the room's location, it creates a major installation PITA, and so I we decided to wait until my roof is replaced for a more direct and less invasive installation at that time.  In the meantime, my fears were comfirmed.   My room is wired with 14 gauge.  I kinda knew this already,  but now that it was confirmed today, it kinda bothers me a little more. Ha ha. I can't help but think how much fidelity is lost because of the bottle neck of the AC delivery to my power amp.  I was hoping that he would tell me I was wrong and that the room was wired with 12 gauge and I could sleep a little better tonight.  No dice.  😁 The elctrician told me that he felt that it wasn't such a big deal, and that as long as the equipment was receiving proper voltage, I should be just fine, even with the 14 gauge.  He said I should be more concerned with the motor load in the house and any hash it creates on the line being more detrimental to the sound than the 14 gauge.  Maybe with my class D arc ds450, it's not as big of a concern than someone with a big hunkering pass labs.  Who knows.   Still bummed I wasn't able to get instant gratification today.  Anyone that has gone from 14 to 12 chime in? Is it really not worth agonizing over, as long as the circuit is dedicated already? 
audiolover718
Electrician is right... but if you are worried, add a voltage monitor such as a power conditioner. It doesn't have to be on the amp if you are worried, so long as you can "see" the voltage while listening to music. What matters is the voltage dropping as current flows.

That voltage droop is a function of the gauge, distance from transformer, the transfomer itself, AND the current being drawn. If you draw no current, there is no droop.

Best,

E
Don’t have your amp and components on the same breaker as high-current household appliances. There will still be possible noise from other lines in the circuit panel, but even out the current-draw in your panel between the 2 legs (phase A and B).
More to discover