Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Good to see you- oblgny

enjoyable madness indeed. I like reading about your Audio journey.

Very informative. As above, I did not like Revel speakers-perhaps they were not set-up correctly? Other variables?

Happy Listening!

prof

Easy solution, just never sell the 3.7s! ;)

Very interesting setup! I can sort of imagine the effect you're getting is almost like listening through a set of headphones, in that sitting close and having no toe-in, you basically cancel out most of each speaker's sound from reaching your opposite ear. I actually have my 3.5s pretty wide with just a bit of toe-in and frequently find myself rolling my chair forward till I'm just a few feet behind them.. totally enveloping soundstage- an immersive musical experience. I can only imaging, with their coaxial drivers the 3.7 will take this experience to a different level. 

Curious.. how big is your room and how far apart do you have the speakers?

jafant
Thank you for keeping this thread going! I always look forward to hearing about everyone's experiences with their Thiels. 

Happy Friday and Happy listening!
I updated my virtual systems page to show the BAT integrated in place. 

The speakers are approximately 8 feet apart and about 18" from the back wall. (I actually have a stick marked in increments of six inches.)  Like my 3.5's, the 3.6's seem to like 18 inches from the rear wall.  I sit around 12 feet away which, at low volumes, can be something that leaves things to be desired.  Since the 3.6's arrived I've been listening at slightly higher volume levels which appears to be what these speakers just...love.  Period.  I am constantly reminded how excellent Thiel speakers are - all of the models I've enjoyed. They just absolutely do it for me. 

Funny, there is a pair of WHITE 3.5's up on eBay now. I've never seen 3.5's in white before. 
Kinda cool but...sheesh!  Not my cuppa tea. 

Carry on, folks. This is hands down a great thread. 

Good Evening All

Prof , it seems like your listening to your 3.7s now ,
are you still going back and forth with the 2.7s ?

Question to all 2.7 and 3.7 owners
Do you hear a pop when turning your amp off ?
This pop sounds like either the tweeter popping back 
or a capacitor in the crossover discharging quickly ,
and it only happens on one speaker.

Reading about the freight cost and willingness to travel long distances to get a pair of speakers was interesting to see how far audiophiles will go
to  acquire a pair of original Thiels .
I was going to rent a van and drive 110 miles to Portland to buy a pair of 3.6s but by the time I decided to do it they were sold,
lucky me because new 2.7s became available less than a1/2 year later,
and the price included delivery !

Just got a new Grado Reference Master 1 cartridge ,
nice upgrade from a Grado Reference Sonata .
Took a long time to adjust everything ,
getting the anti-skating down was time consuming
and couldn't have been done without
the Cardas  frequency sweep & burnin  LP.
Had to set it at 159 grams to keep it neutral in both of the groove-less tracks that are used to test anti-skating .

Rob