Member's recommendations for tube amplification

Your thoughts on options to consider:

- I'd prefer SET (open to DHT but not a requirement).

- I'm not looking for overtly warm, romantic or lush options.

- Minimum power in the teens to twenties, 10W being the floor.

- Open to higher power push-pull amps, but let's limit ceiling to around 60W.

- Single ended is fine though having XLR inputs would be nice (doesn't have to be true balanced)

- I'm cool with single chassis or monos.

- I have preferences for tube types, but leaving it open ended to get broad recommendations.

- I'm currently running an all solid state system, though have had tube based systems built around ARC, BAT, Ayon, Melody, Pathos, etc.

- Preamp will be a Pass XP-20 or the Metrum Adagio DAC direct to the amp.

- I'd like to stay around 3K used but can push the budget to 6K new/used.

- Speaker sensitivity is 94dB and higher.

THANKS!
david_ten
I owned two of Jacks amps. Loved his 15 watt 34 SET. In the end I needed more power for some 90db, 8 ohm speakers.

I have owned other SET amps that worked well with 92 - 95db speakers. I certainly have posted the exact additional considerations you posted over and over on this site. I simply wanted your deeper thoughts on headroom.

Not sure how you became upset, but I am genuinely sorry for that.
@charles1dad

Why did you repeat the hybernation comment in agreement? You should know better and have read me stating the very same points as @clio09

I just had a sincere question on headroom. It was specific. Not sure why you are pouncing on me in your professional and slightly concealed manner of late. Seems your view and understading of all things Audio is fixed and sensitive to more open minded considerations. I feel this is a fair assessment of late. 
Hi Bill,
I believe that you are misinterpreting my response. I included clio09’s " hibernation" reply to express that his comments are insightful and that he "shouldn’t " consider returning to a state of hibernation i.e.. Forum inactivity. Sorry for the confusion but I thought that the body of my post implied that sentiment. 
Charles
@clio09

I am truly sorry if I upset you. I respect your experience greatly and miss your posts here. My question was a sincere probing into your thoughts on headroom and its impact on speaker/amp synergy.
Bill,
I believe that I'm as opened minded as you or anyone else.  At the end of the day we all have our unique listening preferences and know what we like.  I have in fact encouraged others on this forum to seriously consider the Lyngdorf 2170 for their audio systems.  

Why would I suggest a product that I have not personally heard? I did it strictly out of respect for your high opinion of it based on your happy ownership and nothing more. Having an open mind means that I can appreciate the positive experiences of other audiogon members and make others aware of them.

Yes I am very fond of lower power SET amplifiers for meeting "my" musical needs.  I have also stated clearly on numerous occasions that these types of amplifiers won't satisfy every listener.  Numerous times I've written this acknowledgement. 

Having an open mind doesn't necessitate having to always agree and have the same outcomes. 
Charles