PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Preamplifier. DESTROYS SPEAKERS!!

A few months ago, bought TWO of the above mentioned preamps. ( I have 2 stereo systems)
Within 6 weeks of the purchase, the power supply of my speakers burns out!
I purchase and replace the power supply.
Three days later, the second newly replaced power supply is burnt out!
After much investigative work and heartache, I discover that the Pre amp is the problem.
It is defective and puts out DC. which burns out speakers.
After, testing the second unit, I find that it is defective as well, EXACTLY the same problem.
I return the units to my dealer, who returns them to Prima Lune.

I received a phone call from a Mr. Kevin Deal, big cheese at PrimaLuna.
Told me that the capacitors, on BOTH units had failed and the units were putting out DC.
He even THANKED me, for being a guinea pig, and discovering the flaw in his units.

He offered me a pair of tubes, as "compensation" for my troubles!! What a joker!!

WOW, a pair of tubes for blowing my $30,000. speakers!!

The height of arrogance and total disregard for the consumer of his product.
To all audiophiles, do yourself a favour, STAY AWAY for this brand, unless you want your speakers cooked.

TOTAL lack of quality control, MADE IN CHINA junk, what more needs to be said.

Mr. Deal, WAKE UP, and STOP selling defective products!!

If, you are using PrimaLuna, and your speakers fail, check the amp or pre amp.

George

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
thorloki
Post removed 
I haven't had any problems with my PL Premium Dialogue integrated whatsoever. There are many various units of PL products that aren't defective. I am very sorry to hear about your issue but don't blame the whole PL line as being a defective product. 

EBM Kevin may charge a little more for tubes but if you listen as to why then it may make sense. I have never had a problem with Kevin and he has always been very helpful. I know he has good and bad days and can probably get a little short with some people but being a business owner and jerked around who wouldn't. I can't answer for the original post but I think overall Upscale is a very well run business or he would have closed his doors long ago. Just my 2 cents.
I think any audio product made in China needs a very strict oversight control. Some companies go that extra mile, many more do not. There was an article written in TAS, I think, many years back about all the Chinese factories and how much counterfeit product was being used, schemes drummed up with name brand products using parts of poor inadequate quality that were switched with authentic parts at the factory. The real parts were sold off on the black market. There are probably as many schemes as one could think of, if there is not enough time, money or correct people put into quality control. I feel bad for you as I myself have Line Magnetic Audio gear, designed and made in China. I had one bad transformer that my dealer had replaced, but I paid for shipping the amp. Is there any chance at all that your speakers were placing too much load on the amp? I had thought that may have been the problem in my case...

I have close friends who have owned a PL preamp with a PL amp in one system and PL integrated in another for several years and have had no issues whatsoever with any of them. I visit them regularly and love the sound they make. So with all due respect to the OP, I find it irresponsible to bash an entire brand based on one personal experience. That been said, my gut calls this BS, again with all due respect.

Post removed