Thiel CS2

I just recieved a pair of Thiel CS2 speakers for a VERY good price and was looking for information, opinions, and comments on these speakers as I am not familiar with Thiel at all. Anyone with experience that would like to share would be appreciated. 
128x128giantsalami
Welcome to Thiel ownership. Bought my CS2's in 1987. One of my best ever audio purchases. Drive them with a Hafler 9180 mosfet amp. Sound is accurately and completely described by rcprince and oblgny.
As with most all speakers I guess room placement and dampening help soundstage. 
Enjoy!

Welcome! giantsalami

Please feel free to join us  on the Thiel Owners site.
I am interested in reading more about your system and musical tastes.
As you massage the CS2 into your listening space, post your impressions and thoughts.
Happy Listening!

Thank you! Is the owners site on A-gon? I am not too tech savy, but will post my opinion about them. Currently running them with REL subs and have only listened to one C.D. They can rock, that is for sure!
Type in "thiel owners" in the search box for the forums and you'll find jafant's thread that started in 2016.  It has become a good thread for Thiel owners to converse and share knowledge about the speakers and associated equipment that works well with them.
Amongst the most reliable and easy to drive of all Thiels. They do best with the typical Thiel recommended spacing. Though techincally amongst the easiest of all Thiels to drive, in practice it's a bit more challanging. Anything bright before them will be exposed, on the other hand the ported bass, though overall quite respectable, can be a bit soft.  With their 6 Ohm nominal / 5 Ohm mimimum 88 dB sensitivity they are not as current/power hungry as most other Thiels. They work best with amps with tight bass and soft highs and IMHO with mid hall perspective. That's not as easily found as might be expected, especially on the cheap.  Still high quality amps can be found reasonably. Though they can work with modestly powered 50-100 Watt p/c amps, they will demonstrate the benefits of added power up towards 250-300 Watts p/c. This might have been the Thiel speakers that had the most tube amp users. Despite many auditions I never felt that tubes did the bass right with them.YMMV!