Back in the states, time to rebuild - need advice

Hey guys long time lurker here, I recently returned from working over seas for 3 years and I'm about to settle into a new place hopefully before Xmas.

Before i left i sold everything except my front speakers and my Rotel 5 channel Amp. I figured when i returned i would rebuild my HT/Stereo system, well I'm back and would like to ask for some advice on getting my system up and running again.

A little about what i do have,

Paradigm 100 v2 fronts,
HSU STF-3 12" Sub
infinity Rears (quads)
Rotel 200Wx5 Amp
NO home yet, lol

I'm not sure if i want to go separates or not. I was hoping to get some advice from all of you or at least your opinions...

I know i will be using my setup for HT/Music, I will be purchasing a 42-50" LCD or something similar. I will want enough inputs on the system to be able to plug in a Media PC, Game console(s) (HD) Sat/Tivo (HD) DVD(HD?) and others. I'm not sure if i want to run the video through the system then to the TV, not sure of the quality loss, I realize some of the video options will be dependent on the TV that i settle on (still researching). I have settled on a new center Paradigm Studio CC-570, thats about all i have settled on..

Right now Iam looking to just drive the speakers, and need advice on something to get me started so at the very least i can enjoy my music and maybe basic HT. My Budget for this part is $1200, leaning toward Rotel. like i said i want something that i can expand, hence maybe separates for now is the way to go?

Thanks in advance guys!

Chris
landshark99
You will be very disapointed if you go the receiver route rather than seperates. There is no comparision in either 2 channel or HT.
Concentrate on getting the home first ;o)

I pretty much agree with many of the posters. It seems like you have the bulk of your system already.

so... one more vote for a matching rotel pre/pro & paradigm rears...and tie yourself over with a budget combi player for the time being.

just my 2c fwiw
Thanks Guys appreciate the feedback, i have been leaning toward the rotel solution and i think i will go ahead and continue to lean that way and go with separates. I might as Ellery mentioned and tie myself over with a cheaper DVD/CD solution until I can sink some more into my system as iam looking at TV's right now as well. sigh

Thanks for the recommendations.