Great Experience with Feickert Protractor

After years of using other setup tools, I finally broke down and bought the Dr. Feickert Protractor.  I couldn't be happier. 

I highly recommend this unit for great design, construction, ease of use, and precision of setup.  I'm at the point in this hobby where I buy stuff and am not afraid to find that something makes no difference or the difference it makes is not to my liking.  The Feickert did not change the overall sonic character of my table/cart.  What it clearly did do was make imaging and soundstage more apparent (stand out) and it sounds like more information is coming through because I can hear more decay and faint sounds than before. 

If anyone is within driving distance of Chicagoland, I'd be happy to lend it out so others could benefit.  

Before the Feickert I was using Mobile Fidelity's Geo Disc and I had to sight the pivot point with an alignment bar on the Geo Disc.  I got pretty close (assuming the Feickert is more accurate), as I was within 2mm.  I'll rest assured knowing that I'm running things closer to perfect for sound quality and wear. 
128x128jbhiller
The Feikert looks like a good tool - an update of the original Denneson Soundtractor. Its limitation is that it aligns the cartridge. A much better solution is a tool that aligns the actual cantilever and stylus, such as the Mint and WallyTractor gauges.
@cleeds 
i don't understand your statement regarding Feickert aligning cartridge. As a user, my understanding is it aligns stylus and cantilever like the Mint you mentioned. I am having both.
jmc, is the Mint turntable-specific, or arm-specific?

Yes.

They are basically turntable/arm specific design.
Tell Yip you have a VPI Prime with a VPI 3D arm, and he probably has one in stock.

If you have an odd combo, you can send Yip several measurements, and he will custom make one for your table/arm.
As my understanding, if two tables have the same spindle size one can use the same Mint tractor for the same tonearm. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
dangcaonguyeni don’t understand your statement regarding Feickert aligning cartridge. As a user, my understanding is it aligns stylus and cantilever like the Mint you mentioned. I am having both.

Feickert: aligns the cartridge.
Mint/WallTracktor: uses a mirror to align cantilever.

They are two different approaches. Feicker’s assumes that the cantilever itself is properly aligned with the cartridge body, which is not an assured thing by a long shot!