Tekton Electon/DI compares to what?

I know there is a lot of love and hate for Tekton on this and various other audio forums. I'm not here to discuss the validity of anything but would love impressions from listeners. Given that these are internet-direct, I can't hear before buying so I need the online community's help. Being in Canada, an in-home trial is a very expensive en devour! 

I'm looking at specifically the Electron as it's slightly smaller for my condo living room size. There is talk of a Mini-Ulff but with no info online other than its mentioning, I'll leave it out for now.

Now I understand the Electron/DI sound very similar, almost the same. So with that in mind, for those that have actually heard either of these speakers, what do they sound similar to so I can try to demo a pair to get a jist of what to expect? What speakers have you directly compared against them? 

Other speakers I have on my list are: Harbeth 30.1, Audio Note E LX Hemp, Totem Sky Floorstander, ATC 19, Salk Silk series, Klipsch Forte III, JBL 4312SE.
msommers
@msommers 

My Double Impacts are driven by a Line Magnetic 508ia integrated amp, a beautiful match in my opinion. I have a Lampizator Atlantic DAC, an Allnic H1201 phono stage, a Well Tempered Amadeus turntable with an Audio Technica ART-9 cartridge. My music server is an Aurender X100L. Cables are a combination of Teo Gamechangers and Cerious Technologies Graphene.

My room is 20 X 20, but open in the back. The front of the speakers are about four feet off the walls. They are about nine feet apart, and I sit about nine feet away.

I know some guys have them in smaller rooms, so maybe they will speak up. How big is your room? I am sorry if you mentioned this somewhere else and I missed it.
@cap 

Not sure if your post is directed at me, but if it was, my post was not directed at you. With your total of thirteen posts on this site, you do not post often enough to qualify as one of the Tekton Trolls, even with your enthusiastic use of all caps and condescending language toward Tekton owners. Try as I may, I cannot decode the rest of your post, which seems to have something to do with Bob Carver and pom poms.

You've heard the Tektons, it appears. That's fine. Your impressions are as valid as anyone else's, but no more so, whatever your audiophile bona fides may be. I didn't catch many specifics in your comments on the Double Impacts. What did you hear them compared to, and what differences did you perceive?
Flat ! UN-engaging and lacked presence for their size. Three dimensional dynamics were weak..  Bass was weak but I will say it was a low powered tube amp. Albeit his two powered subs were overdoing their job until we all asked to demo them without. This wasn't a low cost set up..  This wasn't just me. All of us left un satisfied as we were told they were giant killers. One guy was told  he would sell his Wilson's after hearing/ My13 posts are from lack of posting here as its not a dedicated site for specifics..  I have... ,Not that it matters thousands of posts on a few audio forums..

There is no bashing continue on your journey . BUT dont bash those who do not drink the Kool Aid  and HAVE heard them.

Enjoy your journey.. They were not for me or the few who I respect either.. There is a pair near me that I almost spent time to go re listen to but time is money and I wasted enough of that already on them..
14 and out !
Goes to show how different perspective can be in this hobby. The description literally sounds like the opposite of what I hear listening to Double Impacts. With solid state I feel they do bass better than my Martin Logan ESL 15A’s + Summit X and they are one of the more engaging speakers I’ve owned. This is why it’s always a safe bet to demo something before buying, you just never know the result. 
Thanks for sharing your experience, cap. My own experience obviously aligns more closely with that of james_w514.  There are a number of people on this site who have also tried and loved the speakers. Again, audio is highly subjective.

What you have described in your session sounds nothing like the sound I hear with the Double Impacts in my system. Now I have heard them ONLY with my Line Magnetic 508ia, which is a powerhouse and produces the best bass I have had in my room, so I cannot speak with any authority about how they might sound with lower-powered amps. Of course, there are many comments on the Double Impact thread that are enthusiastic about the way these speakers sound with a variety of different amps, including very low-powered amps, so who knows?

As james_w514 says, the only way to know is to try them for yourself. You and your audio buddies had an experience with them, while many of us have had quite a stunningly different experience that has nothing to do with Kool Aid or pom poms. We tried the speakers, loved them, bought them, and continue to enjoy the spectacular sound they are bringing to our systems. That's it.