Ugly vs Gogeous speakers

I know speakers should be all about sound but I can't help responding to the look as well and this presents me with a dilemma.

I have owned B&W Nautilus 803's for many years and love the sound and value (excellent sound for reasonable cost). I would love to upgrade but I (and wife) think that the retro Star Wars R2D2 looking speaker (802) is nothing we would have in our living space.

What do others think the best looking / sounding speaker is? Do looks matter to you?

128x128jyprez
Looks have some bearing, and I certainly wouldn't own a speaker that I considered "ugly".

That said, my current speakers, Reference 3A Grand Veena's, are neither pretty nor ugly in my eyes.

Sure, I like the look of the Sonus Faber Amati Homage much better than my plain Jane speakers.
However, I like the sound of my Reference 3A speakers better than the Sonus Faber.

Everyone has their own priorities.
Black on Black Maggies have a non-ugly but ominous look to them.  Like the Monoliths in 2001 Space Odyssey.

The big Wilsons look like an alien robotic velociraptor that wants to eat you.

It costs money to make pretty wood finishes on speakers.  Vandersteen does it right IMO - a small amount of nice looking wood as an accent and the rest is just cheap cloth covering xlnt speakers.

Sound good, price is right. Who cares what they look like.
Well in my household anyway...................
I am surprised no one has mentioned the MBLs Reference Line .  At least as a question of whether the aesthetics are pleasing or resemble an upside down pineapples resting on a right side up twins.

Sound good, price is right. Who cares what they look like.

Well, some people have taste.    ;-)