Ugly vs Gogeous speakers

I know speakers should be all about sound but I can't help responding to the look as well and this presents me with a dilemma.

I have owned B&W Nautilus 803's for many years and love the sound and value (excellent sound for reasonable cost). I would love to upgrade but I (and wife) think that the retro Star Wars R2D2 looking speaker (802) is nothing we would have in our living space.

What do others think the best looking / sounding speaker is? Do looks matter to you?

128x128jyprez
There is just something about a piece of audio gear when aesthetically appealing to us just sounds better in our system, I believe that although audio is a hearing thing the other senses seem to add to the experience as well and just enhance our overall experience such as the aroma of a nice glass of wine or drink, good cigar and in my case red translucent vinyl.

Life is too short for ugly speakers. 

I own Sonus Faber Elipsa SE speakers in violin red.  They look gorgeous and sound incredible.

I only go buy sound i have Magico Q3 i think they look and sound wonderful so does my wife.
What about the looks of the B@W Matrix 800 speakers? A very different look indeed-But my wife likes the look.
I am not a fan of the aesthetics of most speakers especially as most aesthetics lead to compromises in sound. I don't like designs that try to disguise the speaker (Nautilus, Vivid, Sonus Faber)

However I like the industrial steampunk & Art Deco look - make the speaker look even more like a piece of machinery which is what it is!!!

Aesthetics wise I like
Large JM Labs
Large Horns like Avantgarde
Kef Blade
Evolution
Large Wilson

I think most large B&W speakers look silly - there is no flow in their designs. All angles and circles and cut lines - extremely lacking in aesthetics - no doubt they do this deliberately to stand out.

More to discover